Here’s the skinny:
- We ship every Tuesday & Friday.
- Australia Post tracking on all parcels.
- Free delivery on ALL orders.
- 10% off EVERY order over $55.
As a rural business, we have to do things a little differently to those in the big smoke. Pick-up services are costly and it’s a long and bumpy road to the Post Office. But necessity being the mother of invention, we’ve come up with a delivery system that works for us and we think will work for you too.
The Office Shoppe ships orders twice a week; every Tuesday and Friday. Orders placed and fully paid before 6:00am AEST on a Tuesday or Friday will be shipped that day. Therefore all orders are dispatched, at the latest, within 3 business days.
The Office Shoppe shipping timeframes:
|Orders paid before||Are shipped|
|Tuesday 6:00am AEST||by CoB that Tuesday|
|Friday 6:00am AEST||by CoB that Friday|
We use Australia Post standard delivery services with tracking for all orders. When Express Post delivery services are discounted, we may use this instead. A signature on delivery may be required for these services. If a parcel can’t be delivered for some reason (e.g. it’s too large or you are not availabe to sign), a collection card may be left for you to pick-up the parcel from your local Post Office. Please allow for the below estimated Australia Post delivery timeframes.
Australia Post delivery timeframes (estimated business days):
|Delivery to||QLD||Other States|
|A metropolitan area of a Capital City||4 days||5 days|
|A regional or rural area||4 days||6 days|
All orders are shipped with Australia Post Tracking Labels. If an order has multiple parcels, each will have it’s own label. Once your order is in the post, an “Order Shipped” confirmation Email will be sent to you containing a link to the Australian Post Track your item page, with your tracking numbers, for your convenience.
Combined Delivery Discount
Any order totalling $55 or more (before any other coupons are applied) automatically receives 10% off! This is because orders of this size can utilise combined delivery, thus further reducing delivery costs.
Packing and Postage
Postage is a major expense for online retailers and we all know it ultimately costs you, the customer. Postage costs can also be hard to calculate and even harder to understand (for Shoppe & Customer alike). So we decided not to take the usual approach of guesstimating delivery costs for each unique order at Checkout, and then packing it into one big box full of empty space and/or padding (costing us (and you) more).
Instead, we have matched each of our products with Australia Post size and weight guidelines and factored this into the products price. This ensures we achieve the the lowest possible delivery and packing costs for all orders (big or small), whilst greatly simplifying our customers shopping experience (no nasty surprises at the Checkout!).
This means we may ship your order (particularly if its large) as multiple deliveries (each parcel with it’s own tracking label). We also use whatever material is available to us to pack your order; envelopes, cardboard, paper, bubble wrap… you name it, and we use just enough packaging to ensure your order arrives safe and sound. As all orders are invoiced via Email, no paperwork, such as invoices or packing slips, are included in any deliveries.
So that’s how free delivery works at The Office Shoppe.
Please refer to our FAQs Product stock status’ section for details on which products may be backordered. Any product that “can be backordered” or is “available on backorder” simply means that our supplier has stock. If you order a backorderable product, and The Office Shoppe has sold out of or doesn’t have stock of that product, then:
- We will notify you of the backordered product, source it from our supplier, and ship it to you within 5 business days of the date an “In stock” product would have normally shipped (at no extra cost); or
- If possible, we may have the product shipped directly to you by our supplier (at no extra cost); and
- All other products in your order will otherwise be shipped per this policy.
- We only accepts orders from and deliver within mainland Australia and Tasmania. Sorry rest of world!
- Collection from The Office Shoppe warehouse is not available (it wouldn’t be worth the drive anyway).
- We can deliver to Private or Business Street Addresses or Post Office Boxes.
- Addresses are entered at the Checkout page and all orders are delivered to the “Billing Address” unless a separate “Shipping Address” is specified.
- Should you have any special delivery instructions or requests for us, please add these to the Order notes section on the Checkout page.
- Please ensure you provide current, correct and complete information. The Office Shoppe accepts no responsibility for erroneous information.
- There may be delays during sales, holiday periods, or in other circumstances beyond our control. In the event we are delayed shipping an order we will notify you directly. Please refer to the Australia Post Important Updates page for information and alerts about any delivery service disruptions.
- In the event Australia Post cannot deliver a parcel to you (for various reasons), a collection card may be left for you to pick-up the parcel from your local Post Office. Australia Post will then hold it at the Post Office for 10 business days, before it gets returned to us. Any additional fees charged by Australia Post or costs associated with this service are your sole responsibility. We recommend you read and familiarise yourself with Australia Posts Collecting missed deliveries page.
- In the event that a parcel or product is lost or damaged in transit, we ask that you contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the circumstances, so that we may conduct an internal review of the Delivery Service Provider. Although we take steps to ensure orders reach you undamaged and in a timely manner, we cannot accept responsibility for goods lost or damaged by the delivery service provider. You may however, contact the delivery service provider directly to request compensation. We recommend you read and familiarise yourself with the Australia Post Compensation page. Please refer to section 8. Postage & Handling and section 12. Title & Risk of our Terms & Conditions for further details.