13 July 2017
- The Office Shoppe truly appreciates your business and respects your privacy and the confidentiality of information provided by you. This policy sets out our commitment to protecting the privacy of personal information that we collect.
- The Office Shoppe adheres to and is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
- A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles my be obtained from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and disclose it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
- In addition to this policy, there may be privacy policies or consent provisions that apply to the websites and services of other organisations that are relevant to your dealings with The Office Shoppe or that may be of interest to you. When visiting or providing information to these third parties, we recommend that you first read and accept the privacy policies applicable to the website or service in question.
Personal Information Collected
- “Personal Information” is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Common examples are an individual’s name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account details, employment details, and commentary or opinion about a person.
- The kinds of personal information collected and held by The Office Shoppe are set out below.
Information provided by you to us
- When you place an order, make a payment, register for an account, use our Contact Us form or email us directly, you are providing personal information directly to us. This information may include your:
- Email Address.
- Phone Number.
- Billing and Shipping First Name and/or Last Name.
- Billing and Shipping Company Name.
- Billing and Shipping Address.
- Order notes (into which personal information may be entered).
- Your choice in Payment Gateway Provider, and associated financial information including payment details.
- Your message to us which may contain personal information including commentary or opinion regarding your experiences with our products and services.
- This information may also directly or indirectly identify:
- The name or address of your employer or business.
- Personal information of another individual where, for example, you ship to a different address or chose a payment system that belongs to your employer or partner.
- The only financial information that The Office Shoppe website collects and holds is your choice of Payment Gateway Provider (POLi Payments or PayPal), the payment status (cancelled, pending or paid), and the total amount paid. This financial information is stored on secure servers in controlled facilities (refer to the below Hosting section for details). For details on financial information provided to us by your chosen Payment Gateway Provider, refer to the below Information collected by us from third parties section.
Information collected by us from your use of our Website & Services
- When you use The Office Shoppe’s website, we may also collect information about you in the following categories:
- Website Visit
We automatically collect information from all visitors to our website. Information collected may include your; IP Address, Operating System type and version (e.g. Windows 10 or iOS 10), browser type and version (e.g. Firefox 52.0.2), connection origin (e.g. from a google.com link, or an email link), pages/URLs visited, date and time of visit, and visit duration.
- Placing an Order or registering a My Office Shoppe Account.
In addition to the information provided by you, for each Order and Account registration we collect and hold transaction details including, the type and quantity of products ordered, Coupon Codes used and any discounts applied, the total amounts charged, the date and time of the order, your choice of Payment Gateway Provider, Australia Post Item Tracking information, and the IP Address from which the order was placed.
- Information collected during a website visit is generally anonymous and not personally identifiable. However, this information may become personally identifiable if you previously or subsequently placed an Order, registered for or logged in to a My Office Shoppe Account, used our Contact Us form, or clicked an Email link to our website. Information you provide to us and collected by us when you perform one of these actions could potentially be correlated with the information collected by us during your website visit (thus rendering the website visit information personally identifiable). The Office Shoppe generally does not combine or link these or any other separate sets of information, however we may do so in circumstances where it is necessary as part of our Primary Purpose, Related Secondary Purposes, or Other Secondary Purposes.
Information collected by us from third parties
- In certain circumstances we may collect personal information about you from legitimate third party sources that share personal information about you, with us, where it is lawful and/or they have your permission to do so. This includes:
- When you make a payment to us using the POLi Payments Payment Gateway Provider, certain personal details will be collected and held by our receiving POLi Merchant Account and associated Bank Account. This information may include; the amount paid and currency used (e.g. AUD $12.00), the banking institution, BSB, account name and account number from which you made the payment (e.g. Westpac, BSB 123456, Mr Joe Bloggs, Acc No 12345678), the Bank receipt (e.g. 89388300-210522) and transaction date/time stamp (e.g. 01/01/18 12:01:59).
- When you make a payment to us using the PayPal Payment Gateway Provider, certain personal details will be collected and held by our receiving PayPal Merchant Account and associated Bank Account. This information may include; your PayPal registered Email address, Street address, and Telephone number. PayPal does not share any information with us regarding financial institutions or accounts (e.g. Bank, Credit or Debit Account or Card details) that you have registered with PayPal (and nor do we expect them to – that is the whole idea).
- The above information is not stored on our website. This information is only stored within our Payment Gateway Provider Merchant Accounts and associated Bank Accounts. Each of these entities is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and have their own Privacy Policies.
- Financial information disclosed to us via your chosen payment method will only be used for the primary purposes of receiving and verifying customer payments, making or verifying partial or full customer refunds, or the related secondary purposes of financial statements and reporting as part of our normal internal business practices.
Information not collected by us
- Please read this section carefully to ensure you do not fall victim to possible Cybercrime. This may include hacking, online scams and fraud, identity theft, attacks on computer systems and may involve malicious third parties impersonating The Office Shoppe. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this section, or if at any time you believe you may have been the target of a malicious third party.
- There are certain types of information The Office Shoppe will never solicit, collect, hold, use or disclose. This includes:
- Any information regarding your financial institutions or accounts (e.g. Bank, Credit or Debit Account or Card details, including signatures, passwords or pins for these accounts). We conduct all financial transactions through the secure Payment Gateway Providers of POLi Payments and PayPal, meaning we do not need to obtain such details from you. Never provide personal information regarding your financial accounts to anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe.
- Any My Office Shoppe Account password, or passwords for any other accounts or service. Never provide or accept any passwords to or from anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe. If you have lost or forgotten your My Office Shoppe Account password, then you can create a new password to regain access to your account.
- Any social media account details such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Linked In. Never provide any social media account details to anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe.
- Any sensitive information (refer to the below Sensitive Information section for details).
- There are certain services The Office Shoppe does not presently offer, and therefore types of information The Office Shoppe presently does not solicit, collect, hold, use or disclose. This includes:
- We presently do not allow you to register a My Office Shoppe Account using an existing account from a social media or messaging service platform such as Facebook, Outlook.com or Google+. Again, never provide any social media account details to anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe.
- We presently do not use or communicate via any form of online or application based chat clients. Never engage or communicate with anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe via such tools.
- We presently do not offer products, services, competitions, promotions, direct marketing, sales, discounts, deals or coupons through any third parties. Do not accept or deal with anybody claiming to administer or represent such things on The Office Shoppe’s behalf. Our products and services are offered exclusively through our website (https://www.theofficeshoppe.com.au) and we presently only offer “Coupon Codes” which can only be entered on our website. We may also promote these codes through our official account on the third party Australian on-line shopper community at https://www.ozbargain.com.au.
- We presently do not have any Social Media accounts or presence. This includes, but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Tumbler, Skype, WhatsApp, or any other messaging service. Never communicate or deal with anybody on any social media platform claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe. We communicate exclusively through our secure Contact Us form, email@example.com Email address, and through our official account on the third party Australian on-line shopper community at https://www.ozbargain.com.au. We are always happy to hear from you via these channels.
- We presently do not advertise online. Never click through to or enter any personal information into any banner or pop-up advertisements claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe.
- We presently do not offer retail or wholesale accounts, credit or payment terms. Again, never provide personal information regarding your financial accounts to anybody claiming to be or represent The Office Shoppe.
- The Office Shoppe will not solicit or knowingly collect sensitive information. If you chose to disclose sensitive information to us (such as information about your health) via any means, we will only use this information to serve your particular needs or where required or authorised by law.
Children, People with Disability and Vulnerable People
- The Office Shoppe respects the privacy and confidentiality of all persons and all personal information that we collect.
- The Office Shoppe will not knowingly collect personal information of any person under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under the age of eighteen (18) may only provide personal information with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- If a parent or legal guardian, or person with disability or a vulnerable person has concerns about their personal information, you may contact us per the below Queries, Concerns or Complaints section.
Anonymity & Pseudonymity
- You may act anonymously or pseudonymously when dealing with The Office Shoppe where it is practicable to do so. Such situations can include browsing our site, reading our various policies, or contacting us with a general enquiry.
- Situations where it is not possible to act anonymously or pseudonymously can include the completion of an order or creating an account with The Office Shoppe, making an enquiry that requires the disclosure of personal information, or where it is not practicable to do so.
- It is important that you provide accurate and complete billing/delivery personal information to us to ensure timely and successful delivery of your order.
How Personal Information is Collected & Used
How we collect information
Active Information Collection
- The Office Shoppe will collect your personal information when you actively provide personal information directly to us. This includes when you:
- Place, cancel or complete an order on our website.
- Make a payment, or receive a full or partial refund for an order via a Payment Gateway Provider.
- Register and/or login to a My Office Shoppe Account on our website.
- Edit a My Office Shoppe Account details or view orders on our website.
- Submit your Name and Email address to us via the Contact Us form on our website.
- Contact The Office Shoppe, whether via our Contact Us form, directly via Email, in writing or on the telephone we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Passive Information Collection
- The Office Shoppe may also passively collect (that is, without your actively providing the information) certain information when you visit or browse our website, or place an order. This is done so using various technologies including:
- Server log files, including error and access logs.
- Metrics tools, which log website performance and visitor statistics.
- eCommerce software logging of a customers IP address for each order.
- Email links to our website logging certain information including a customers IP address.
- This information is generally anonymous and not personally identifiable, except where you; place an order, register for or are logged into a My Office Shoppe Account, use our Contact Us form, or click an Email link to our website. The Office Shoppe generally does not combine or link passively collected information with actively provided information, or any other separate sets of information, however we may do so in circumstances where it is necessary as part of our Primary Purpose, Related Secondary Purposes, or Other Secondary Purposes.
- For details on the types of information passively collected refer to the Information collected by us from your use of our Website & Services and Information collected by us from third parties sections.
- As mentioned above, our website uses ‘cookies’. Also called HTTP cookie, web cookie, internet cookie or browser cookie, this technology is an internet standard commonly in use by most websites today. A cookie is a small file that is sent from a website you visit to your web browser, and is stored on your computer, generally for the purpose of improving your experience on that website. Cookies do not access information stored on your computer.
How we use information
- We collect and use personal information for the primary purpose of providing our products and services to you. This may include:
- To fulfil our obligations in respect to our Terms & Conditions, sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and The Office Shoppe.
- The processing and delivery of orders.
- Receiving and verifying payments, and making or verifying partial or full refunds.
- Providing automated order status updates, invoices and notes to customers via Email.
- Contacting or responding to customers directly via Email or Telephone for the primary purpose of providing the requested products, services, or feedback to you (e.g. details pertaining to your order or enquiry, such as the payment or delivery of your order).
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to your dealings with The Office Shoppe and our website.
- To maintain the functionality of our website, namely by capturing and prompting you about potentially incorrect personal information (e.g. an incorrectly entered email address, or a State and Postcode mismatch).
- The disclosure to and use of personal information by trusted third parties where necessary as part of a primary purpose. This may include:
- Australia Post for the delivery of orders.
- PayPal or POLi Payments for the payment or full/partial refund of orders.
- Suppliers and their delivery service providers for the direct delivery of back-ordered products.
- In circumstances where it is necessary as part of our Primary Purpose, Related Secondary Purposes, or Other Secondary Purposes, The Office Shoppe may combine or link passively collected information with actively provided information, and any other separate sets of information.
- To provide, maintain and improve our website, products and services.
- To generally maintain our relationship with you.
- Personal information may also be used or disclosed for related secondary purposes, as part of our normal internal business practices (e.g. financial statements or reporting, accounting or audit purposes, or technical support purposes).
- Personal information may also be used or disclosed for other secondary purposes for which we are permitted or required by law to use or disclose personal information (e.g. where you have consented to the use or disclosure, or in response to an enforcement body request).
- For more details on the disclosure and use of personal information refer to the Disclosure of Personal Information section.
- When we collect personal information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
- Failure to provide personal information may result in The Office Shoppe being unable to provide you with the products, services, information or feedback requested by you.
- ‘Direct Marketing’ involves the use and/or disclosure of personal information to communicate directly with an individual to promote goods and services. The Office Shoppe does not presently conduct direct email marketing or advertising. If we do conduct direct marketing in the future, this policy will be updated accordingly, and marketing will only occur where prior consent has been obtained.
- Where you have provided your Email address or telephone number to us, these are only used for the primary purpose for which these were collected as stated above (that is – the provision of products or services ordered by you).
Disclosure of Personal Information
- The Office Shoppe does not buy, sell, rent or deal in personal information with any third party.
- In order to operate our website and carry out our business, The Office Shoppe may disclose to and/or permit the use of personal information by trusted third parties and/or selected service providers. For example, an Accounting firm engaged for financial auditing or taxation purposes, or a support technician contacted for a database error, may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these third parties may only use such personal information for the purposes of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
- Circumstances where, and the purposes for which, personal information may be disclosed and/or used are as follows.
- For the primary purpose for which it is collected (that is – the provision of products and services to our customers), personal information may be disclosed to and used by the following third parties:
- Australia Post for the delivery of orders.
- PayPal or POLi Payments for the payment or full/partial refund of orders.
- Suppliers and their delivery service providers for the direct delivery of back-ordered products.
- For purposes related to the primary purpose (that is – to carry out our business), personal information may also be disclosed as part of our normal internal business practices to the following third parties:
- Accountants, Auditors, or Lawyers.
- Business, financial or legal advisers.
- Website/Email Hosting, and Payment Gateway Provider service providers and support.
Other Secondary Purposes
- Other purposes for which we are permitted to use or disclose personal information include:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure.
- Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure to relevant enforcement bodies (i.e. Commonwealth, State and Territory bodies responsible for policing, criminal investigations, and administering laws) is necessary for the prevention, investigation, or prosecution of crimes.
- Where required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order (e.g. a law, warrant, court order, subpoena, or in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to an enforcement body request).
- To protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of The Office Shoppe, its customers or third parties.
- Personal information may be disclosed to prospective purchaser’s under a confidentiality agreement. Where there is a change of control of The Office Shoppe (whether by sale, acquisition, merger or otherwise, wholly or partially), personal information may be part of the assets transferred in the change of control.
- In each of the above circumstances, only the minimum amount of personal information relevant to and reasonably necessary for that particular activity is used or disclosed and may not be used for any other purpose.
- We require all third parties who receive your personal information to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Links to other websites
- Our website contains links to the websites and services of other organisations that are relevant to your dealings with The Office Shoppe or that may be of interest to you. Also our confirmation email for shipped orders may contain a link to the Australian Post Track your item page for your convenience.
- The inclusion of these links does not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linked organisations, their websites or services. Any information you provide to these third parties is provided directly to the owner of those organisations and is subject to their own privacy policies and practices. When visiting or providing information to third party links from our website, we recommend that you first read and accept the privacy policies applicable to the linked website or service in question.
Accessing & Correcting Personal Information
- The Office Shoppe is committed to and takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate.
- You have the right to request access to personal information that we hold about you. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you also also have the right to request this information be corrected. These rights are allowed in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Requests for access to or correction of your personal information can be made to The Office Shoppe via our Contact Us form or in writing to the below address.
The Office Shoppe – Support
PO Box 100, Allora, QLD 4362
- We ask that you identify, as clearly as possible, the type (or types) of information you would like access to or correction of. In order to protect personal information held by us, and to ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you, we also require verification of identity before releasing or correcting any personal information.
- We will respond to any requests within a reasonable time-frame, and endeavour to promptly correct information as advised by you. If we refuse to release or correct personal information, then we will provide reasons for doing so.
Accessing & Correcting your My Office Shoppe Account
- If you have registered for an Account on The Office Shoppe then you are able to to access and correct your personal information yourself. You can view and update Account details including First Name, Last Name, Email address and your password, as well as Billing and Shipping Address details. All previous and pending orders can also be viewed for all paid orders.
- If you have lost or forgotten your My Office Shoppe Account password, then you can create a new password to regain access to your account.
Deleting your My Office Shoppe Account
- If you would like to permanently delete your My Office Shoppe Account (specifically your Account details, Billing and Shipping Address details, as well as your ability to login to your account and view orders), then please Contact Us requesting permanent account deletion.
- Note that although previous orders will no longer be associated with an Account after deletion, all orders and the personal information relating to and contained within each order will remain within our system for a minimum of 7 years. This enables us to verify transactions and customer details, and is also necessary for legal, accounting and taxation purposes.
- Refer to the below Storage & Security of Personal Information section for more details on how we secure personal information.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
- The Office Shoppe is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. We want everybody to feel safe and confident when shopping with us.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Only the owners of The Office Shoppe have access to customers’ personal information. Our access is subject to strict security controls and procedures.
- In the event that a back-ordered item is to be delivered to you directly from our supplier, we will provide the supplier with only the necessary personal information to ensure timely and successful delivery of your order.
- https://www.theofficeshoppe.com.au is hosted by a 100% Australian owned and operated web hosting company, which is auDA Information Security Standard (ISS) accredited. Their servers are securely housed in ASX-listed data centres in Sydney. These facilities use multi-layered authentication systems including bio-metric fingerprint and anti-cloning identification cards to prevent any unauthorised access, and have 24/7 onsite security staff and an extensive CCTV network.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). This technology is an internet security standard which establishes an encrypted link for all data passed between our web-server and your browser. This ensures transmitted data remains private and makes it extremely difficult for third parties to intercept.
- Importantly our website uses SSL on all pages, meaning your end-to-end experience on our website is encrypted. Many eCommerce websites still only use SSL for the Cart or Checkout pages, leaving other traffic vulnerable.
- To validate our SSL certificate; look for the Green Lock in your browsers address bar when visiting our website, which when hovering your mouse cursor over it, will state “Verified by: cPanel, Inc.”.
Two Factor Authentication
- We also use Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on as many administrative and back-end functions as possible. This technology is another security standard which requires not only a username and password (something we know – and malicious others might try to guess), but also a physical token (something that we, and only we, have) to login. Although not yet available on all of our administrative and back-end functions, it is still a very effective extra layer of security that makes cracking 2FA login’s extremely difficult.
- The Office Shoppe stores all information on secure servers in controlled facilities (refer to the above Hosting section for details). It is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The Office Shoppe retains all information, for a minimum of 7 years. This enables us to verify transactions and customer details, and is also necessary for legal, accounting and taxation purposes.
- When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify this information.
- Personal information collected by The Office Shoppe is stored on 100% Australian owned and operated servers located within the the Commonwealth of Australia (refer to the Hosting section for details).
- However, for the purposes of website backups we do utilise third party storage providers whose storage facilities are based in overseas locations including the United States of America, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Information (personal or otherwise) contained within these backups is not disclosed to the third party storage providers and remains with the effective control of The Office Shoppe. The information is also encrypted using strong asymmetrical cryptography to protect against possible misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- Unfortunately no data store or transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So whilst we strive to protect personal information and make every reasonable effort to do so, The Office Shoppe cannot guarantee nor warrant the security of any information stored by or transmitted to or from us. As a result, visitors to and customers of our website and associated products and services, do so at their own risk.
Queries, Concerns or Complaints
The Office Shoppe – Support
PO Box 100, Allora, QLD 4362
- We will investigate any queries, concerns or complaints and attempt to promptly resolve the matter with you directly. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you within a reasonable time-frame then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this site and your ability to deal with The Office Shoppe and the products and services we offer.
Free delivery on ALL orders! 10% off EVERY order over $55! Dismiss